First off, I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone for all of the love regarding last Friday's post. I had wonderful comments here and on Facebook that meant a lot to me.
Thanks again =)
One of the best parts of the holidays are the sales after!
Thanks again =)
One of the best parts of the holidays are the sales after!
Is that cliche?
I love all of the holidays and celebrating each one.
But I admit, I scout out the sales and wait for the best ones before I buy anything.
Just this morning I ran over to Big Lots with babygirl while hubby was at the dentist.
(s/n.. I am deathly terrified of the dentist and will only go if I am in dire tooth pain)
All of Big Lots Halloween decor was marked down to 90% off.
This is usually when I swoop in and snatch things up.
However, this is also when everything is pretty picked over and most of the good stuff is gone.
I spent a total of $4.95
Not everything is pictured here.
I got a huge ghost made of tulle with chimes tied on that will make his debut next year on my porch where our Americana wind-chimes currently hang. He was $0.70
The two signs on the left of the photo were $0.70 each. They stand about 3 feet tall.
The two pumpkins toward the top have lights in them and they will probably hang in the living room. They were $0.15 a piece. The owl table runner was $0.40 and I got a total of 3 single place mats for $0.15 a piece. I picked up a few because my sister and I usually grab holiday things for each other when it's on sale. I plan on giving her these next year. She is currently looking for a new house and probably moving at the beginning of the year so I don't want to add to more stuff they have to move.
Then there are 2 packages of 4-pack place mats that were $0.40 a piece. I grabbed 2 because there were different patterns on them and for less than a buck, who could pass them up?
The first place I actually start holiday hunting is Hobby Lobby.
Who doesn't love Hobby Lobby?
It is litter-ah-lee my most favoritest place.
I usually allow myself to shop the 1-2 days after the holiday because it doesn't take long to get picked over.
For some reason though this year I didn't go Halloween shopping until about November 10.
This is WAY late for me.
Everything was 80% off and there was only 2 shopping carts of decor left.
I really had to dig to find the goods.
I also lost my receipt so I will have to guess on the prices for you, although some I know for sure.
My guess is about $10.00
I know for a fact that I paid $2 for the glittery pumpkins.
Those were the first things I grabbed. I luff those!
The owl plate was around $2.50
The Creepy sign I snagged along with another one that says Spooky.
I think they were around $1.50?
I usually let myself splurge a little more at Hobby Lobby.
I know the quality is great and everything I pick I love.
I have no problem passing on things that are just "okay."
I'm definitely not one of those people that has to buy things just because it is a good price.
Here are some things I already had that are being stored away in the attic until next year.
It feels like Christmas morning to me when I get to climb in the attic and pull out seasonal decorations.
I never remember the new things I bought on sale the year before.
I know. I'm a nerd.
No comments:
Post a Comment