Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Black Friday 2011-part 1


On Thanksgiving Day after everyone is done eating their dessert, we clean off the table and break out the Black Friday ads! My mom, sisters and I sit around the table flipping through the ads and some of us writing down what stores we want to hit up. By this time all of the guys have migrated into the living room to plop on the couch and watch some football.
My sister, Cortney refuses to shop on Black Friday. I think she has only ever gone twice. She always makes sure she is on the work schedule so she is 'safe' in a hospital for 12 hours will crazy ladies like my mother and her BFF are out scouring like madmen. =)
This year I wasn't sure that I would even be able to shop due to our vehicle needing repairs at the beginning of November. That took every last dime of our extra cash that would've all gone to Black Friday shopping. Needless to say, I was beyond bummed. After everyone left my house so we could move on to hubby's parents for dinner, I told him of the fabulous prices on all the 'big gifts' we wanted to get for babygirl. We had been pricing them out for about 2 months now and even looking on Craigslist for some. While I had been looking through the ads and commenting on some of the things I wished I could get, hubby had been doing some figures on his phone to see what we could cut in order to spend the very little extra that we had right now.
My amazing husband pulled through for me and gave me exactly how much I needed to get the gifts for babygirl. So I let my younger brother know that the shopping was ON!

Come back tomorrow for the crazyness that was our Black Friday experience.
You are guaranteed a few laughs. 

1 comment:

  1. So.. I looked at ads too! Way to not mention me until the last paragraph! :) lol

    ReplyDelete