Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day before Thanksgiving

In honor of our Downtown Santa Lighting this evening, I will be discussing all things Christmas today!



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely hot cocoa! Egg nog is so gross! My hubby loves it though.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa has workers called elves who wrap the presents! He just delivers them, silly!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the tree because I am anal about my Christmas tree and everything has to be matchy-matchy (which drives my husband nuts) but I like colored lights on the house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I have looked into getting some. It is expensive! If I find a pretty fake one I would love to buy that!

5. When do you put your decorations up? It is normally the night before Thanksgiving but I have convinced hubby to push it to the weekend after Thanksgiving. Just due to the fact that we host Thanksgiving. Plus if I designate a whole weekend to Christmas prep I feel like it will draw it out and make it more fun!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Candied yams! Ohhh yum! I'm so ready for tomorrow.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Every Christmas morning we would wake up and run to the living room just dying to tear into the amazing gifts Santa left! However, we were made to sit and wait patiently while my parents fully woke up and brushed their teeth. Once the coffee was started in the pot, my dad finally made it to his chair and the opening could begin. =)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I questioned my mom as to why the gift tags said To Ashlee, Love mom&dad and To Ashlee, Love Santa... IN THE SAME HAND WRITING! Sheesh.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? It has always been our tradition to open our stockings on Christmas Ever before we are off to bed. 

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? In all red, black and silver to match my living room. A little overboard, no? Ha. Like I said, my hubby hates it. He is dying to have a 'family tree'. Which I figure we will just have to have 2 trees to make this happen.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I absolutely luff it! Until it turns gray and smooshy. Then it is gross.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes and I love it. I haven't been in 2 years but I would love to go this year. I have my own pair of pretty white skates.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One gift I remember is a set of Barbie furniture. I could hardly wait to get to my room and set up a new house for my Barbies. I never had a dollhouse so we used to make our own walls and things out of VHS tapes. 

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family. No doubt. This year is so exciting for me because babygirl won't be just a plump turkey sitting around staring at things. =)

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin pie from Sam's Club. It is a MUST!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The night before Thanksgiving. The Lighting of the Santa and then of course the excitement and feelings you get on Christmas Eve. 

17. What tops your tree? An angel of course! She looks over the house during the most important time of the year.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love the joy of giving people gifts but I would be a liar to say I didn't enjoy receiving gifts.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Traditional peppermint ones are yuck! But mint chocolate ones and fruity ones are yum!

20. Favorite Christmas show? Snowglobe

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas shoes. But I'd be a liar to say that it also annoys me so I will always change the station when it comes on. 

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? WHAT! Pin it down to just one? You're crazy. I absolutely LOVE Christmas music. The one I sing the most is probably Last Christmas by Wham.

The weather today is calling for 55 and cloudy. Score for no rain! We will be off to downtown as soon as I am off work to see all of the fun festivities. Then it is off to eating Chinese -per last year's tradition. I will be sure to post lots of pictures, I promise! I know I know, I'm the worst at taking pictures. I have failed at this many times as a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment