Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mommy moments

Being a mother is one of the greatest things that I do with my life.
Sometimes it is tough.
Sometimes it can be so frustrating.
And a lot of times
it can be very rewarding.

I cannot describe the amount of joy I get when babygirl learns new things.
To see my hard work in action.
After spending time teaching her things,
repeating myself over and over,
doing the same actions repeatedly..
She finally 'gets it'.


One day last week I looked at babygirl and said,
"Where is mommy's nose?"
She pointed that chubby little finger at my face
and then grabbed my nose.

If you are reading this, you are probably thinking
Uh, ok? So she knows what a nose is...
But!
After pointing to every part of your face and your child's face daily for about 2 weeks
this is a big deal.

When daddy was in the room we attacked him and all squished on the couch together.
I said "Babygirl, where is daddy's nose?"
Sure enough, she grabbed his nose and smiled.
Perfect mommy moment.

Later that night she was playing on the floor with her building blocks.
She hobbled on over to me, looked up and did the sign for 'eat'.
I signed back, 'eat' and 'please'.
She smiled and signed 'more'.

I felt so proud.
How cheesy..I know.
But she is learning to communicate and is understanding how to do it.
Perfect mommy moment.

1 comment: