Thursday, October 6, 2011

Husband Week (part 4)

HUSBAND WEEK 

Written February 23, 2008:
   A whole year later and we are still just as crazy about each other as the day we met. I can't believe a whole year has gone by. Time really did fly. So much as happened. I am your wife! I am halfway done with college. And now you are close to coming home! 
   You are my everything and nothing can ever or will ever change that. Just do you know, I would go through a million deployments if I knew that in the end, I would always get to be in your arms. I love you forever and always, my cuppycake! 



In the scrapbook that I made while hubby was deployed I kept a bunch of mementos from our honeymoon. In one of the Ripley's museums we did this little fortune teller thing. 
It reads:

One of those rare brilliant marriages which only happens to the really fortunate seems to lie in store.

No wonder I chose to keep that.



And today's song with meaning..

We played this song at the wedding after we were announced husband and wife.
We started it at the chorus.
It meant so much to me.

Left and right we were being told that marriage wasn't the right choice.
We were too young.
We were in the middle of a deployment.
We should go to college first.
We should enjoy more of our youth.
We should wait.
A few more months... A few more years.

But
He is an answer to prayer.
He is my dream come true.
I could not ask for more. 
I wouldn't have changed anything.
Marrying my best friend was the best choice I have ever made in my whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment