Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'm ready for a slow down.

Whew.
Sorry for the unexpected blogger break. 
Between babygirl's birthday, the party, and then her getting sick.. I have been one busy mama!

Sometimes for me, it's hard to slow down.
To forget the To-Do list and just stop.
Play on the floor in the mess with my daughter.
Snuggle on the couch wrapped up in a blanket with her.
Pretend to eat all the snacks she tries to feed me.

These are the little things that make it such a joy to be a mother.
But as I'm sitting on the couch cuddling with her while she watches WonderPets,
my mind wanders
to the dryer that just buzzed
the half-filled dishwasher
the toys spilled all over the house
the unwritten blog post

I am missing the point.
I am missing the cuddles.
Soon she won't want to cuddle up with me just to watch tv.
She is already a year old now.

I blinked and she grew into a toddler.

Slow down, Ashlee.
Forget the lists and the messy house.
They will wait.
They won't grow and change before your eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Very true! New follower from the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Young & Restless blog hop... cute blog and I love your daughters headband, so cute!

    ReplyDelete