Wednesday, July 27, 2011

the most patriotic on the block..

If you know me, you know I am a VERY patriotic person.

That's an understatement.

Very isn't enough to describe.. I mean, have you seen my wedding dress?


An American flag and Army flag flying in our front yard wasn't enough. So I hung some flag bunting over the bay window, yet it still wasn't enough. After much hinting around, I finally convinced my dear hubby to let me spray paint the shutters. Blue. We had green before and it was just blah.
 But then of course, if I have blue shutters I can't have an ugly yellowish/tanish door. Come on, now!

You know where I'm going with this don't you...

After much "uhhhh...seriously?" conversations with hubby, he came around and finally bought me some RED paint! YES!! SCORE!

I  got my red door. And I love it. I only have a picture of the door half shut right now due to the fact that I finished painting about... 5 minutes before I sat down to post this =)


 And please ignore the excess weeds in front of the sidewalk.. I seriously hate weeding and it has been 95-100 every day for the past two weeks. If I am brave enough to venture outside, it has been to sit in my parent's pool...certainly not to pull the nasty buggers out of my landscaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment