Sunday, May 1, 2011

Never taking for granted...

I follow a blog of an amazing woman. Her husband recently lost his battle with cancer. He left her with two small children.

I can't begin to imagine her loss. How do you move on from that? Your best friend, your lover, the father of your children, your soulmate. Gone.

I would miss your voice. I would miss your over-protectiveness. I would miss your hand holding mine. The hours we spend late at night talking, reconnecting. Your laugh, your smell, your every touch. I would miss it all. Even the silly little things that I constantly complain about. Your habits, your snoring, the way you make our daughter laugh.

I would miss you.
Don't ever go.
Promise me.

I don't want to ever take you for granted. I love the time we spend together. Even the moments in passing. The stolen kisses, quick hugs, they all mean so much.

There is a woman out there, a mother with young children. She hasn't been married very long. But she is alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment