Wednesday, March 2, 2011

it was inevitable...

I knew it would happen. I was just waiting for it. Why did it have to wait and happen when the weather was finally in the high forties all week?

I'm sick! Boo!

You can't work in a Dr's office and never get sick. I'm such a germaphobe while at work. I wash my hands or use hand sanitizer before AND after every single patient. There is a new patient every 20 minutes, so therefore I should have very clean hands! I'm so paranoid I will bring home some nasty germs to babygirl. When I get off work every night and walk into the house, the first thing I want to do is snatch up that little(big) girl and cuddle the life out of her. But I make myself walk on by, go to the bedroom and change clothes, washing my hands one more time.

But unfortunately, I somehow ended up sick and feel like I'm standing at death's door. (only slightly exaggerating there) I haven't moved off the couch in 2 days. It's nearly impossible to take care of babygirl. I don't see how I will be able to handle being sick when my house is full of little ones running around. To any mothers with multiple children, I commend you for caring for said children while sick. It's definitely a struggle.

So as I sit on the couch watching babygirl play in her exersaucer, she never ceases to amaze me. What a miracle. She is growing so big and learning new things everyday. This time last year I had only known I was pregnant for a just a few weeks. Those first few weeks were terrifying. No one except hubby and I knew. I had to make it past the point of my previous miscarriages before I would share the news. It's always easy to say you have faith and you are trusting God, but actually sitting back and doing it...  that's the hard part.
Now, a year later, I still have everyday fears and worries for babygirl. But as she plays and laughs happily today, I know God is always right on time. He hears our every worry and hears those prayers whispered quietly into the darkness of the night. I am constantly reminded when I see her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment