Friday, March 11, 2011

adventures in cooking

Hubby complains about how boring our dinners are. We eat the same thing over and over. I'm never adventurous with my cooking. Give me some chicken breast, bread or marinate it.. make some macaroni and mashed potatoes.. then call it a day. Dinner is served. Over and over again. I do have to admit, it is pretty boring.

I have made it a small goal to try new things. I hate cooking, but I'm going to try to get over it and at least cook something new on Thursdays.

Yesterday was a success! I made overnight french toast on Wednesday evening and popped that baby in the oven Thursday morning. It was amazing. I have a few things I will tweak the next time I cook it though. Too bad hubby slept until noon and didn't eat any of it.. big jerk =) Then for dinner I made Buffalo chicken nachos. I was so nervous as to how they turned out. I think I asked about twenty times if they tasted ok. I thought the nachos were so yummy. I'm definitely a buffalo-girl. Yum!

http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/02/buffalo-chicken-nachos.html

http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2010/02/overnight-french-toast-casserole.html

No comments:

Post a Comment