Our Christmas Traditions
- Night before Thanksgiving - Night of Lights downtown.
- Black Friday shopping and then set up tree that night or that Saturday
- Christmas baking with my mom, her friend, and my sisters. It's a big day of baking!
- Advent Calendar starting December 1
- Play Christmas music 24/7 !!!
- Watch way too many Christmas movies including all of the cheesy ones
- Harry Potter marathon weekend -We haven't done this yet but I always watch them every year. I think it would be fun to include the kids since both mommy and daddy like these.
- December 20 -Start putting shoes in bedroom window seal for Santa's elves to drop presents in on the mornings leading up to Christmas.
- Leave cookies for Santa and also Reindeer food outside.
- Christmas Eve -Grandpa and Nanas
- Christmas Day -go with the flow in the morning. Presents and breakfast. Then off to Papa and Momo's house.
- Most of the day is spent at Papa and Momo's and then we always go to the movie theatre together
Most of these have been traditions that I grew up with as a kid. Some things are variations of others (like the shoes in the window, that is derived from a Dutch thing) And then some are things that I hope to do in the future as my children get a little older. I obviously won't be leaving out cookies or reindeer food this year because she wouldn't notice anyway. I am still on the fence about Elf on a Shelf. I love the idea but I think it may be too much confusion with the elves who leave gifts in the kiddo's shoes.
Hubby and I are BIG into Christmas. Not just the Santa side. There is a large part centered around the birth of Jesus. Because we ALL know that Jesus is the reason for the season.
What are some of your traditions? Do we have any of the same?
Do you have anything unique that you could share with me?
No comments:
Post a Comment