My hubby works on the weekends.
This means majority of the time I end up SUPER bored.
He works first shift so he goes in at 4am and is usually off between 3-4pm.
He comes home, showers, eats dinner, spends about one hour with me and then is off to bed.
I miss him on the weekends.
Also, I need friends.
On Saturday I was really bored so I headed over to my parents and convinced my brother to go through the Fantasy of Lights with me and Lily. (courtesy of my dad, of course)
It is a huge light display in the park by the zoo. You pay $5 and drive through the park real slow and there is about 50 light displays set up for you to look at.
I remember being little and driving around with my dad looking at Christmas lights. He would always say, "Oooh! Look at the pretties!"
I have wanted to drive and see lights with Lily this year but never got around to it until Saturday. So Joe and I packed her up and headed off to the park.
Don't judge my red vampire eyes.
And don't comment on her being on my lap.
You seriously drive about 3 mph and we were fine,thankyouverymuch.
I had so much fun pointing out all the lights with her. My brother kept commenting on how much of a waste of $% this was. Little jerk. ;)
He will think differently when he has kids!
Also, today was the day we start to set babygirl's shoe in the window for the Christmas elves to leave her little gifts. We will do this the 4 days before Christmas. Like I said, I know there is something like this in Holland or one of those countries but I kinda put my own twist and story on this. Babygirl will put one of her shoes in her window before bed and when she wakes up one of Santa's elves will have her a small trinket or candy for that day. This is just something I came up with to help anticipate how close Christmas is in place of Elf on a Shelf.
But today my hubby took an extra shift at work so I had to take babygirl to my mom's house. Therefore, I didn't get my sweet little babygirl wakeup to the exciting present in her shoe. =( So basically I just handed her a toy Princess camera that flashes and says cheese.
But today my hubby took an extra shift at work so I had to take babygirl to my mom's house. Therefore, I didn't get my sweet little babygirl wakeup to the exciting present in her shoe. =( So basically I just handed her a toy Princess camera that flashes and says cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment