Since Target was insanely busy and I had nothing that I was dying to get there, we headed over to Kohl's.
Joseph had a few things he wanted from Target but he wasn't looking forward to the lines either. Plus he wanted to shop for himself at Kohl's. What's Black Friday without picking up a few things for yourself? =)
Kohl's opened their doors at midnight and I figured it would have been crazy when we got their at 12:15. It wasn't that bad actually. There were hardly any people in line but there were a lot of shoppers. I had half a mind of staying by the registers to cut down on the wait time. I was actually shopping on a time crunch. I had to be back at home by 3:15am at the very latest in order for my hubby to head to work.
Joseph and I both had things we wanted to look at, so waiting wasn't a great option at that point. All Fisher Price toys were 50% off. I wasn't really looking for anything extra for babygirl but I saw this one toy that she is obsessed with. My niece has this toy and babygirl carries it around her house anytime we visit.
She loves this thing!
s/n:
Being a parent, you have to decide what toy will be the most exciting and make your child lose all focus. This is the toy you must save for last. However, I have way too many exciting toys this year that I probably won't be able to pick which should be last. Opening gifts may be an all day thing. She will probably get through one gift an hour!
With the microphone being half-off, there was no way I could pass it up. I reminded my husband when I got home that of course it had an off switch. Man that toy is loud!
Joseph macked out at Kohl's. He went nuts in there. He just about knocked out everyone on his list to buy for. Once we got in line, it was insanely long. At this point I was kicking myself for not hanging around earlier. The line was wrapped all the way around the store, weaving in and out of aisles. How convenient it was that the line wrapped around all of the best sale items. I seriously lost count of all the things my brother kept picking up and adding to his ever growing pile. I had the brilliant idea of grabbing a big memory foam box to act as our shopping cart. We just scooted it along our line and dumped it off when we got close to the register. It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get up to the register. At this point, I was panicking slightly due to the time crunch and thinking I wasn't going to make it home in time for hubby to be off to work. But we made it out of there with minutes to spare. My brother spent around $200 and the savings was almost $500. I love receipts that show you what the discounts were and how much you saved. He also walked away with $60 in Kohl's cash.
Whenever we say we saved money my dad always says, "yes, but you SPENT $ " haha.
We hung out at my house from 3am to 3:45 in order to let babygirl sleep as much as possible.
Yes, I had to be one of THOSE moms that took her kid out shopping at ungodly hours. It was only because there was no one to sit with her at home while she slept! I knew she would sleep in the car and I planned on leaving her in her car with my brother while I ran into the stores alone.
Yes, I had to be one of THOSE moms that took her kid out shopping at ungodly hours. It was only because there was no one to sit with her at home while she slept! I knew she would sleep in the car and I planned on leaving her in her car with my brother while I ran into the stores alone.
Meijer's sales started at 4am. I literally walked right in and found the toy I wanted. No rush, no madness like at WalMart. I found the kitchen set that I wanted and headed straight for the checout. Meijer had their self-scan lanes open for people with a small number of purchases. I got right in line behind one guy who was buying a power wheel. The countdown started and at 4am the lanes opened and sale prices were honored. I was out of there by 4:05.
Meijer put out coupons that were 'Meijer bucks'. I had one for $3 off an item of 14.97 or more.
So babygirl's kitchen cost me $12 total. This was a steal!
I know, I know. These Black Friday posts are DRAGGING on! But I promise there is just one more.
Come back tomorrow for the final post.
Where I became the crazy woman freezing her butt off outside in line for hours.
That will wrap up the day after Thanksgiving shopping and then we can move on to our month long Christmas puke!


No comments:
Post a Comment