Friday, December 23, 2011

DIY Sugar Scrub

Alright.
So I managed to put down book 2 of The Hunger Games and actually get some stuff done!
Thursdays are my day off so I usually do some housework or run errands.
We started off by going with hubby while he STARTED his Christmas shopping.
Men. ;)
We ran to the mall, Dicks, Old Navy and WalMart.
It was a successful shopping day.
Except that Shii was out of my precious Toms.
TEAR!
Hubby was going to get me another pair of Toms for Christmas but the style I wanted was all out and they said we weren't able to order them through the store. Hopefully we will be able to get them online.
Because these shoes are amazing. So comfy, I love them!
However, babygirl did manage to snag an extra gift at the mall today.
This was totally not on the list for today.
Most precious thing ever! Baby Toms!

So when we were done with our shopping and had some lunch we headed back home to chill out and relax. I figured it was close enough to Christmas to start the only project from Pinterest that I actually got around to making. I had SO many hopes, plans and projects I wanted to do for this Christmas. I guess I will have to start MUCH sooner next year.
I didn't pin a particular site for this DIY project so you can look at any one or even just google
DIY Sugar Scrub.


I used one cup of Organic Sugar Cane sugar and then just eyeballed the olive oil until it got to be the texture that I wanted. Then I literally poured some Pina Colada scented oil into the bowl until I thought it smelled good and strong enough.



There was really no recipe or instructions needed for this project. It was easy peasy.
I made it last night because I wasn't sure I would have time to do it during the day on Christmas Eve. Most of the stuff I was reading about the sugar scrub said it lasts between 2 weeks and 3 months. So I didn't want to chance it. Just be sure to not let any moisture in the jar and keep the lid on tight!
For the jars, I just picked up a 5 pack of plastic baby snack cups at Dollar Tree.

My total for this project was $13.
That included:
-Organic sugar cane sugar
-100% virgin olive oil
-Pina Colada scented oil
-10 pk plastic snack cups
(I only got 8 cups out of this)

I wanted to tie ribbon or put stickers on top with the writing all fancy-like.
I ended up just writing on the lid with permanent marker.
I'm so classy. ;)


I put them into small sacks because they were cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment