Friday, May 3, 2013
SAHM
First, courtesy of MSNBC and TheLaughingStork,
10 things to never say to a stay-at-home mommy:
1. When the kids are older, do you think you’ll get a real job?
2. How June Cleaver of you!
3. Oh, so you don’t work?
4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
5. All day with your kids? I can’t even imagine.
6. I’m jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn’t have to work either.
7. What do you do all day, anyway?
8. I’m sure you’re not the only one who’s ever wasted money on a college degree.
9. That explains why your daughter is so clingy!
10. Weird. I assumed your house would be super clean.
I'm not going to lie.. for a very long time I said I would never be a stay at home mom. I thought I would be driven crazy. I knew I would need my me-time desperately. But the last nine months have been bliss. Having the ability to raise our girls myself and not have to be away from them all day and them be raised by a sitter has been a dream. Of course I have my days where I am fed up and think I can't take another minute but I remember having those days when I worked at the doctor's office.
I know things may not always be this way. I know eventually I may need to return to work in order to help accomplish goals we have for our future.
But for now?
For now I fill my days with PJ days, park playing, donut dates, snuggles during favorite shows, lunchtimes and the joy of my girls knowing I am always there when they fall asleep and when they wake again.
Labels:
mommy,
motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment