Thursday, May 23, 2013

Laundry Room Makeover-4

Why yes.. Yes I am still dragging these house posts out :P

After the final drywall work was done we had to paint. But I decided I didn't want to paint the bathroom unless all of the wallpaper was off all of the walls. When hubby and I painted before we just painted over top of the patterned wallpaper. Three of the walls were covered but not the wall with the toilet. When the new wall was built the drywall guy scraped the paper off the half existing wall for me. Thus leaving 2 smooth and 2 patterned walls in the bathroom.

We set out to scrape the rest of the paper off. A few months ago I decided to paint the space beneath the upper kitchen cabinets after I peeled the border off the wall. I looked online at home remedies to remove wallpaper. Warm water and fabric softener. 

Funny thing is, I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that last part to hubby. Ha 


Babygirl decided she wanted to be a big helper :) She loved that mommy let her do grown-up stuff. 


We did not have a paper scraper and I was too cheap to purchase one after dying of a heart attack over the amount I spent on paint. So we improvised. 



Why yes... Yes that IS a pizza cutter. 

No one will ever want to eat pizza at my house again! :)


Finally after 2 days the wallpaper was fully scraped off. The floors were swept, walls wiped down, and painting was able to begin! 


Once again I Iet Babygirl help the grown-ups. She loved painting with us. I had to keep my eyes on her the 2 days it took to paint because she would randomly grab a brush or roller and start on her own. 




I screenshotted the last picture from snapchat since I didn't have any pictures of myself painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment