November 29, 2012
The last day of pregnancy.
Arriving to the hospital for induction.
Here we go!
My induction was scheduled.
I knew what time I had to arrive that evening.
But from the moment I woke up, I was filled with mixed emotions.
Had I spent enough alone/one-on-one time with my Babygirl?
Was I really prepared to do this alone?
Could I keep myself together all day and soak up every moment I could with Babygirl?
I was an emotional wreck the whole day.
I cuddled my big girl in my bed for a good hour straight.
We watched all her favorite shows.
We ate her favorite donuts.
We made a special trip to 'Donald's' for lunch.
I told her mama was going to pick up Babysister tomorrow.
I didn't have the same worries as most women about having their second baby.
I knew I would be able to love this new baby as much as my first.
Of course my heart would grow and I would cherish both children equally.
My worries were different.
Could I endure hours of labor without my husband by my side?
Could I manage the pain and the waiting without him there holding my hand?
Would I fall apart late at night sitting alone in the hospital when he wasn't sleeping on the couch next to me?
Would I feel the ache of his absence more or less now that our second child arrived?
Would the crazy internet cooperate for us?
I half-expected to hear that the internet cut out the moment she was born and he had missed it all.
Contractions started the moment I received the overnight medicine.
The later it got that night, I was getting more and more uncomfortable.
I bounced, rolled and rocked on the birth ball.
I walked the halls with my mama and my IV.
I cradled my belly and rocked back and forth for hours.
No progress at midnight.
I sent my mother home to rest.
My sister had been sleeping a while since she had to work in the morning.
I sent hubby to bed and told him to set an alarm to check on me in a few hours.
So alone I sat.
I kept on rocking on the ball.
I kept on pacing my room cradling my belly.
I kept my emotions together.
At this point, I had only had one emotional breakdown.
I was trying my best.
No comments:
Post a Comment