Monday, January 7, 2013

2012

2012 in Pictures

 (see 2011 year review here)

January

January opened my eyes as to how much babygirl was turning into a toddler and leaving the baby stage behind.
 
 

February

February was a rough time in my life.
I'm just glad to have made it through the month.
I took a hiatus from the blog and stayed off social media sites.
 

March


In March we took a trip down to Nashville and Gatlinburg right in between hubby and I's birthdays. Our birthdays are only 6 days apart. It was fun to take babygirl on a vacation and she was actually able to enjoy things this time around.
 
 

April


April was an amazing month. We had so much fun with the opening of the Tincaps season. It is always a great time for our family going to the baseball games. I got a new niece in April! My sister delivered baby Gabriella this month.
But the most important thing to happen in April was discovering we were expecting! On April 2, I had a positive pregnancy test. I was going to take it on the 1st but waited an extra day because I knew I would spill the beans to hubby right away and he probably wouldn't believe me because of April Fools.
 

May


In May we spilled the beans that we were expecting baby #2.
Hubby spent a lot of time away at Army training.
 
 

June

 

In June we learned we were having another girl! Hubby and I both expected this, so it came as no surprise. We went and paid for an ultrasound so that hubby could be there when we found out the gender. He was away for Army training when we had the gender-reveal for Babygirl, so we felt it was important for him to be a part of such an exciting moment this time!
We were able to spend time with hubby's family before he started up official deployment training.
His whole family, including extended family from out of town met up in Ohio and we stayed at a massive cabin. It was so fun. It was nice to meet people in his family for the first time.
 
 
 

July

Most of July was just me and babygirl at home. Hubby was away for 3 weeks for Army training. This picture is one of my favorite moments to date of Babygirl and her daddy. She had missed her daddy so much and it was becoming very evident how much of a daddy's girl she is. She and I waited for him and even though there were a hundred people wearing the exact same uniform, she spotted her daddy the instant he stepped outside. She took off running into his arms and gave him the biggest bear hug.
One of my favorite things to do is pick hubby up from training after he has been away. Whether it is just a week or a whole year. I just can't describe the feelings I get waiting for him in the parking lot, knowing that he is finally just inside that building... not states or countries away anymore. When he finally steps foot outside the door, my heart bursts. I love even more now knowing that my girl feels the same way.
 
 

August


In August we didn't say goodbye, just see you later to hubby.
Hardest day of my life.
There is nothing worse than watching your husband part ways with your child for a time.
He had a lot harder time letting Babygirl go than he did with me.
We set out for a rough 10 months.
I also quit my job to be a stay at home mama to my girls for a while.

 
 

September

September was a blur.
I kind of just existed.
Most days were spent in bed and lounging on the couch with Babygirl.
My siblings decided it would be a cool idea if we all hung out one day and went to Chicago together.
It was fun to hang out with them, kid free.
Just enjoy a day to ourselves.
You can see a fun video of that day here:
 
My big girl also turned two in September!
 
  

October

October was spent gearing up for BabySister.
We made all the final purchases and everything was ready.
Hubby finally touched down on Afghan soil in October.
I spent a girl's weekend in Indianapolis to celebrate my mom's 50th birthday even though her birthday wasn't for another month yet.
This was my favorite part of the month.
Mani's, Pedi's and hour long massages.. my dad treated us good!
 
 
 

November

 
Thanksgiving kicked off the first official holiday with hubby away.
It was sad that he wasn't there but definitely nothing like we would be feeling at Christmas.
The very last day of November we welcomed our beautiful and perfect second babygirl.
Words cannot describe the emotions felt with her arrival.
Utter joy and deep sadness.
So much joy that she was able to enter the world easily and healthy.
So much sadness that her daddy could only witness it through a computer screen.

 
 
 

December

December was a tough month!
It was a huge adjustment learning how to be a mama to two kids.
I was so grateful to my parents who kept Babygirl entertained for the first full week of BabySister's life. It definitely helped me to not be a crazy zombie every day.
My mom had surgery the second week, so me and the girls packed up and moved into their house for three days to help take care of her.
Then came Christmas.
Talk about one of the toughest days of deployment since the day hubby left.
We were able to be on the webcam together when Babygirl woke up and opened her gifts.
It was such a blessing to spend that time together, even if it was yet again, just through a screen.
Babygirl was so silly opening her gifts.
She would get excited about something and refuse to open anything else.
We didn't have all of the gifts open until about 11pm that night.
The 28th of December was our 5th wedding anniversary.
We spent that morning chatting online and being mushy.
I am holding him to a postponed date night.
He owes me. ;)
 
 
2012 has definitely had it's ups and downs.
One of the hardest years of my life so far.
But we have been blessed with new life this year.
I am looking forward to what 2013 has in store for us.
Exciting homecomings, vacations and a possible change of scenery.
Bring it on.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment